|“Are you sure it’s God telling you to do this?” and then “Why Japan?” Both are saying, “Wow, I don’t know if I could do that! That’s amazing!” All I can say is we serve an amazing God – AMEN!
The best way I know to share your testimony and share your Faith is not by mere words alone but by also demonstrating your relationship with the Lord by what you do. But at the end of the day a witness for Christ is still someone you are, not just something you do. So there lies the paradox of walking in Faith. It challenges the Christian and is a testimony to the non believer.
So, as we step out in Faith, how do we know - that we know - that we know? Through all the testing and challenges God has proved faithful in all things. We know that we can trust Him in the future as well.
We step out in Faith as we are called because we want the whole world to know personally the Jesus who has saved us, called us, given us the desire of our heart and the one who will bring it to pass.
Moving forward – in His timing:
Well, it’s almost June and as our departure day gets closer we are feeling the pressure of trying to get everything done that needs to be done before we leave. In the midst of all of our preparations we are trying hard to stay focused on God and keep steadfast in His word.
It’s so easy to keep grabbing hold of the reins and try to move things along, but the Lord keeps reminding us that He must be the one holding the reins and directing His work. Please pray that we would allow God to direct our paths day by day so that He gets the glory in all He has called us to do.
- For those who have stepped forward to assist with our upcoming yard sale.
- For Isac and Mike for assisting with our video testimony to be used in sharing the mission to Japan with others as we continue to discover God’s provision.
- For responses to our last mailing in helping raise the last of our support before we leave in June
- For John’s very positive and high scoring physical fitness test. Pray that he can now continue to lose those extra pounds.
- For the missions prayer ministry – you are such a blessing and encouragement!
- That God would continue to lead us as we seek to discover His provision.
- Pastor Jonathan, in Ome, Japan, will be submitting our paperwork for visas this week. Pray that we will find favor with the Japanese embassy and that the visas would be granted in a timely manner, i.e. God’s perfect time.
- We are having a yard sale on Saturday, June 4 at the home of Rich and Judy Williams. We plan to get a large portion of our household things out of our house and into someone else’s. <grin>
- We don’t own a home but have some large items we will need to sell before leaving. Pray that we can sell them as we are preparing to leave. Curious? Drop us an email <grin>.
- We are still working on some presentation materials (video and written) to share with other churches. Pray that John would finish them well and that we would have a favorable response as we present them and ourselves as missionaries to Japan.
- For God’s protection and covering. As we get closer to departure the enemy works even harder.
We are so thankful for all of your prayers, words of encouragement and support.
Keep praying, God is answering.