We are so thankful for the support we are entrusted with. Living in Japan is expensive, but actually, because of our location, our cost of living is not that different than living in Santa Barbara, CA. where we are from.
On one hand, we never want to make any of our supporters feel in any way pressured. On the other hand, we often have our supporting friends say; “How can we help with the special things if you don’t tell us?” It is often a difficult balance to make.
What we have done then is to put these needs on this page. To get here, you need to select it, either from our home page, or one of our newsletter. So if you are here, you are one of those who wants to know 🙂
- Belinda and John both need to work on their Japanese continually. We have found a really good school that focuses on missionaries and ministry staff. We would love to attend as our support budget provides.
- This September, we would like to participate in the Asia CC conference in Thailand. We are praying for provision of air fare and hotel costs.
- Every few months, we need to ship some items from the U.S. that we can’t get in Japan. These items are mostly dietary items for us. John is on a special diet for example. If you would like to help with sending a “care package“, please contact us and let us know.
- John works part time teaching English in one of the area’s “Cram Schools“. It’s only a couple nights a week, but it helps us cover our rent. In the summer months, there are many school holidays, so support during these lean months is very helpful.
- We have been blessed to be able to come home to visit with our family, and church friends and families once a year. Please pray about helping with airfare or housing for these visits.